Effective and Ineffective leadership
Being a leader, in development, means working in complex and challenging contexts. Projects rarely run as planned, and managers need to be flexible and adaptive in their approach.
This course will teach you the skills to tackle complex problems in developing – and developed – countries. You will learn how problems in development contexts are always complex – no matter how simple they may appear at first. You will learn strategies for how to dig deeper into the problem and come up with solutions that address the real issues. You will learn techniques and practical tools for understanding local context, and ways to lead effectively.
What you’ll learn
- To appreciate the fundamental mismatch between policy and practice in development
- To understand the importance of having context, and in finding local solutions to local problems
- Skills in adaptive development practice, in the cycles of experimentation, learning, iteration and adaptation
- To discern strategies to overcome political challenges and broker new collaborations
- To comprehend how to measure progress and manage performance when working adaptively
- To diffuse results from practice, by taking them to scale and influencing policy
Volunteer to assist in planning, coordinating and implementing parties, fund raisers, reunions, conferences, retreats, meetings and other events.
Check out the course on here: